Friday, October 18, 2013

Some "Owlish" Decor {And More}

Well, looks like the fall weather is finally here to stay (at least for awhile). I'm not a big fan of the cold and snow, but I do enjoy decorating in Autumn colors! Recently, I have been especially drawn to cute 'owl' themed décor, as observed on my front porch.
 This owl sign lets guests know that fall is welcome here!

As you can see, orange and yellow are the prominent colors.

The owl theme continues with my entrance mat and a wise and friendly owl sitting on a leaf-covered stand.


A small owl flag blows lightly in the breeze, next to one of my two yellow potted Mums.

To the left of the door, I have a brightly colored display of dried/silk leaves, berries, and reeds. They are surrounded by some of my hubby's rocks and my favorite Autumn birdhouses.

A bit further to the left sits my fairy garden. During the summer months, it displayed a sweet fairy, sitting in the grass, surrounded by a park bench, birdbath,  and watering can, and had a garden arch. For the fall season, I took everything out, but the welcome sign and fence and added this rustic-looking fishing lodge birdhouse.

On the side door (to our garage) is a brightly displayed wreath with sunflowers, fall leaves, and ANOTHER birdhouse!

A few summer plants have survived the cooler weather, so far. This planter on my patio stone wall has ivy growing from it, instead of the posted herbs. The rain boots, I purchased at Goodwill last spring, still have a few annuals flowering.


Here is my porch after dark. The tall plant display to the left of the door has battery-operated lights for an evening display.
Here is a close-up.

I'm not sure what the name of this plant is, but I love how the leaves are starting to turn a reddish tint.

Last, but not least, is another fall flag I have displayed by the lakeside patio. Nobody can say that I have not officially welcomed fall! It is here, so I will embrace it as best as I can!

Hope the rest of your October goes well and that you also will embrace the season!!
Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” Spanish Proverb

Linking up at these blog hops:

7 comments:

  1. Super Cute!! Thanks for stopping by the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop I co-hosted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations and especially all the cute Owls! Fall colors are my favorite for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ann,
    Everything looks so inviting! I'm so glad I dropped by.
    Thank you for following me at Harvest Lane Cottage.

    Blessings,
    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your are very talented, I love all your fall decorating, especially the Owlish welcome sign. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! So happy you shared this at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop last week. Hope to see you link up again this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So charming! I love love owls! (my blog logo is an owl) lol- and your fairy garden is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)