Sunday, July 5, 2015

LIVE.LOVE.LAKE...and July 4th

I love summertime!! 

 From flowers to flotillas, 
and landscapes to tablescapes,
summer has always been full of fun activies and exciting events. 
This summer has been no exception, so far!
Just like in years past, my flowers are blooming and bursting with color!
My flower wall boxes have excelled, especially since getting so much rain in the month of June.

My front porch is pretty basic, with a few upgrades, including two flower hangers with purple mini-pansies(a Mother's Day gift from my hubby.), a sign "LIVE, LOVE, LAKE", on my door, and...
...my original "fairy garden"
 turned "fishing lodge",
 is now a beach scene! 
On the lakeside, we put up a low fence to keep our little doggies from taking off when they want to spend time outside.

Inside
My dining room table got a new "summery" feel, as well. Fish and anchors take the floor as themes in this blue and white setting. 
I used some old and some newly purchased decorative wares. The fish plates and blue-rimmed cups were purchased at Kohl's. I also got the blue-handled silverware set and napkin rings on sale at Walmart.

The anchor tablecloth, fish dish, and multi-colored "sea-glass" were found at Meijer.
My table is ready for summer guests!
Just in time for the July 4th holiday!
A lake bbq lunch...
...followed by a flotilla parade...costumes and all!
Taking the grandkids tubing on the lake...
...followed by roasting marshmallows on the campfire!


Even our littlest family member is enjoying this day of outrdoor fun and relaxation!

As summer moves ahead, may you find time to...

and may you have


 Ann 
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” 
Spanish Proverb

6 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home! I love your flowers, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MB! As you can see, decorating and gardening are two of my favorite pastimes! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love the fairy garden. I have one too. I have fun every year changing it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lots of fun, coming up with unique scenes. I love all the fairy garden decor pieces that garden centers have available now.

      Delete
  3. What fun!!! Thanks for sharing all that summer stuff. I love the anchor tablecloth!!! Very cool fairy garden also. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day of beautiful weather, family fun, and celebration! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)