Monday, January 7, 2013

Our two Chi's~ Sophie and Jet

Hello, all you Cairn Cottage bloggy friends!
 It's another sub-zero January day here. So, I'm just trying to keep warm and write some more blog posts in my warm little lakeside cottage. I just finished this post on my little furry four-legged family members and wanted to share it with you. Hope you have a cozy cottage day!

Dogs play many roles in our lives--family member, friend helper, defender and, from time to time, psychiatrist. Anyone who has ever felt the familiar warm heartbeat at their feet knows that canine friends offer pure unconditional love and loyalty.
Our two Chihuahuas are all these things and so much more!
Sophie and Jet, our four-legged family members.



Jet, the oldest boy,  born Oct. 25, 2006.
He is a short-haired Chihuahua.
 As the big "brother" he is more reserved and serious.
 
He seems to pose for many of the pictures I took of him. I love this one!!
 
An autumn picture.
 
Jet is so small (4 lbs) that he almost fades into the chair.
 

The many faces of Jet.


Sophie, the baby girl, born Sept. 5, 2010
Weighing in at a whopping 3 lbs, she is a long-haired Chihuahua.
 

I love this picture of Sophie, as a puppy, sitting on my son's shoulder.
 
Always full of energy, Sophie is the adventurous one!
 
She loves to run in the Summer sun, but hates the cold winds of winter.
 

The many faces of Sophie.
 
 
 “My ears are too beeg for my head. My head ees too beeg for my body. I am not a Siamese cat ... I AM A CHIHUAHUA!"
 

 

 


 

 
 My little dog--a heartbeat at my feet.
- Edith Wharton

Even though they weren't too thrilled, I did dress them up for Halloween a time or two!


"Let's go for a walk, mom!!!"

"....sometimes I'll be the littlest kid with my dog and marvel at his ears and his nose and how he looks at me. If he died, I'd bawl like a baby."
-- Aaron Eckhart

The dogs on an adventure.
 
Getting tired, after a long walk and adventure.
Time for a nap!


Bike rides are fun, too!!!




Dressed up in warm sweaters on a cold, snowy day!

Sophie's first experience with snow.
Jet, hates the snow and wants to go inside.


Big brother and little sis, best friends!


They get Christmas stockings, too!
Daddy's little girl!

 "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself."
- Josh Billings
 Jet loves boat rides in the summertime. Sophie prefers hiding under the dashboard.
 

Our doggies even go on vacations with us. Christmas, 2012 at Folly Beach, S.C.

A family photo, Christmas, 2012

 "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown 



Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” Spanish Proverb

  Linking up at these blog hops: 
You Like Me Friday @ A Mommy's Blog Design
Totally Social Link-Up @ Mommy Huh
Thursday Favorite Things (Katherine's Corner)
live laugh {linky} Thursday (live laugh rowe)





3 comments:

  1. scratch, scratch, pat,pat! Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doggy-shots put a big smile on my face today, Ann! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog and inviting me to see your little ones. Although both of your babies are adorable, I think Jett is especially adorable. One of my dogs before I have the four I have now was a black dog, so I have a fondness for black dogs because they remind me of her.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)