Sunday, March 20, 2016

First Day of Spring: Easter Table


Yes, it's "OFFICIALLY" spring today...but here in Indiana, the warm spring weather is holding off a little longer...we only had a high of 45 degrees today.(Brrrrr....not quite fishing/boating weather yet!!)
That doesn't mean that we can't get in the Spring mood by decorating and putting out our springtime dishsettings...
I started with my dining room centerpiece (the same one I made last year and kept it in storage to display again this year.) This moss-covered mound with three crosses is surrounded by a floral display and in front is an open tomb with the stone rolled away - Hallelujah!!
I love this photo of the crosses darkened in the foreground with my lakeview in the background!
Here is a close-up of the tomb, with the stone rolled to the side!
My spring teapot for this tablesetting is one I have had for several years. I love the little saying on the side..."A moment of quiet, a cup of tea, and friends...to keep me company."

 
My tablesetting has 4 spots with teacups waiting to be filled. Here are close-ups of these "spring" flowered cups and saucers.



My polka-dot egg cups are also back out for this seasonal setting. I found these adorable sequin eggs at Meijer. I had some extra flower-shaped cupcake papers from last year that I set my egg cups for extra pizazz.
My nesting finch came out of hiding, as well. Here he sits among the flowers in my centerpiece.
It may be cold outside still, but I'm hoping my Spring table-setting will be a reminder that spring weather is just around the corner. I look forward to seeing all the spring flowers bloom outside, as they are blooming inside at my table today!!!

   Ann 
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” 
Spanish Proverb
Linking over to these blog parties:

The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Make It Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Inspiration Monday Party @ I Should Be Mopping the Floor
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Coastal Charm
Tuesdays With a Twist @  Stone Cottage Adventures 
Be Inspired Party Elizabeth & Co
Clever Chicks Blog Hop @ The Chicken Chick
Wake Up Wednesday @ Sew Crafty Angel
A Morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market
Freedom Friday @ My Turn for Us
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring 
Creativity Unleashed @ Shaken Together Life
Creative Collection Link Party @ Classy Clutter, and Blooming Homestead     

7 comments:

  1. Your teacups are lovely and I love the centerpiece!! I pinned something just like it the other day. So perfect for this Easter season! Thanks for visiting and your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I think I found the centerpiece idea originally on Pinterest! I'm glad you stopped by to check my blog and leave your kind comment, as well. It is so much fun to share our similar simple cottage lives with each other.

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous! Your setting is lovely with those pretty teacups and adorable pieces for Easter.
    Do share your curio cabinet with your teapot collection, I'd love to see it too.
    Happy Easter. Thanks for dropping by.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely get some photos taken and share them here soon! I enjoyed your post, too! Many blessings to you and yours this Easter season!!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks lovely, but my favorite piece is the adorable teapot with the sweet message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the centerpiece and all of the different teacups!! Happy Easter and thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous table setting! I love the centerpiece especially.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)