Monday, February 1, 2016

"Owl" Always Be Your Valentine: Italian Style

Valentine's Day is a few weeks away, but I've already got my tablescape set to the theme of love...as we celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary this past weekend!!

I know it may sound goofy, but I started out with the theme of owls(I love owls) for my table. The centerpiece was a couple of owls -or lovebirds - sitting together, surrounded by chocolate hearts and a candle.
More hearts and a lace tablecloth also were a part of the setting. 
The paper plates and napkins were just so adorable and matched the other table decor.
I put out some past Valentine's Day mugs we had sitting around to partake of some tea or coffee with our meal. I recently purchased the heart-covered teapot at T.J. Maxx. (Thought is was too adorable to pass up!)
My hubby also had gotten a sweet bouquet of flowers for me on this special day.
When the shades were drawn and candles were lit, it become a romantic dinner for two!
Now, my hubby and I had discussed going out for our anniversary dinner, but due to the cold weather and not wanting to spend extra money at this time, we decided to eat in. Years ago, we would have different culture/foreign themed dinners. One we hadn't done before was the Italian theme. After discussing how we could make a romantic themed evening out of this, my hubby purchased some Italian wine.
I had never tried an international wine before. 
Cheers!!
We also decided to go all out and make our own homemade pizza!
It was SO delicious! The photo above was prior to baking. The photo below(a bit fuzzy) was after baking.
For dessert - Gelato in two flavors: Southern Butter Pecan and Roman Raspberry. Yummy!!!
After the wonderful, romantic meal, we watched the romantic comedy "Letters to Juliet". Both hubby and I liked it a lot, especially since there were no raunchy sex scenes - Just a decent romance story. And it went well with our "Italian" theme, as the movie took place in Italy. (I would love to visit beautifulItaly some day!)
What a perfect evening it was!!
Simple, yet fun!!
As Valentine's Day approaches, I will continue to leave this tablesetting display up to keep that romantic atmosphere alive!!
Hope you all are able to enjoy your Valentine's Day with those you love, whether they are family, friends, or your significant other!!
   Ann 
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” 
Spanish Proverb
Linking over to these blog parties:

The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Make It Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Inspiration Monday Party @ I Should Be Mopping the Floor
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Coastal Charm
Tuesdays With a Twist @  Stone Cottage Adventures 
Be Inspired Party Elizabeth & Co
Clever Chicks Blog Hop @ The Chicken Chick
Wake Up Wednesday @ Sew Crafty Angel
A Morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market
Freedom Friday @ My Turn for Us
Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring 
Creativity Unleashed @ Shaken Together Life
Creative Collection Link Party @ Classy Clutter, and Blooming Homestead           
   

6 comments:

  1. You guys are just awesome! I loved getting a peek at your romantic evening! I'll have to keep some of your ideas in mind for when Roy and my 35 (!!!) anniversary comes up this summer!! Love you two! Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet!! 35 years is nothing to wink at - what a blessing to have someone to share our love and lives with!! You two are just as awesome and we love you, as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So cute and festive! Love it!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you two had a wonderful time! Those owls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I love decorating with owls and birds too, your tablescape is so pretty, thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend?!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)