Wednesday, December 24, 2014

An Upside Down Christmas

 It’s December 24th, Christmas Eve, and it’s just me and the hubs here at home.  We thought our son would possibly show up, as he had told us he would, sometime today. But, so far, no son. So, we may or may not see him.

This year has been what I can only describe as an “upside down” Christmas. Nothing has been “normal” this year. Because of our ongoing remodeling, we just never got the decorations out of storage. Instead, I decided to try something different...an upside down Christmas tree...how appropriate!! I also have always wanted a white tree to decorate all nautical. So, here is my nautical upside-down tree.

I thought I would also share our guest bedroom that is over the garage, as I had promised a few months ago. Here is the stairway from our garage door entrance.
 An antique life preserver and mermaid welcome guests.
At the top of the stairs is a desk and chair. It's also where the tree is hung, as well as a fishnet-covered wall, with my hubby's wonderful collection of lures, signs, and other nautical ityems.

Along another wall is my curio cabinet, where many of my tea collection is stored. I decided to decorate with some of my smaller Christms items that weren't in storage.
 On the opposite side of the room is the guest bed, with a cottage quilt hung on the wall, as well as two buoys...which we got on our trip to Maine last summer.
The hubby hung the handmade wooden buoys on some dock cleats (which are used to tie boats to). The pedestal table is an antique hand-carved family heirloom.
My hubby, who is a garage sale addict, got lots of nautical signs and decor last summer. 
The painted oar was another discount find and the map and boat bell (next picture down) were other items purchased in Maine.
Close-up of some of the nautical tree decor.
 Some of them I made myself, like the bobber snowman and the blue glass float (a glass ornament, covered with twine). I also made some fun signs, printed on wood and glass balls...
 The other room I always decorate for the season...my dining room.
 Mmmmm...chocolate!
 And, if there's time, a cup of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa!
 This Christmas coaster is one of four that I've had for many years.
 And lots of candles! I love candles at Christmas!
May you have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Joyful Christmas Day!!(We just got word that our son is on his way...so it will be a nice Christmas for us, as well!)

Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” 
Spanish Proverb

Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Show and Share Party @ Coastal Charm
Making The World Cuter @ Making The World Cuter 
The Scoop Link Party @ The Everyday Home
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
The Inspiration Board Link Party @ Homework
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
The Scoop @ Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to display your tree. Love your nautical guest room. Thank you so much for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)