Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"Beachy Blue" Tablescape


No, I'm not at the beach
But, I'm pretty doggone close.

I have water in the background, seashells in the foreground, and colorful flora and a lighthouse somewhere in the middle.

I found bits and pieces of the beach around my house and came up with this "beachy blue" tablescape. What do you think of it?

A few "new" items were thrown into the mix, as well.
Like this starfish teacup and saucer, purchased at TJ Maxx. 
They only had one, but I'd love to find 3 more to make a set.

I also got this scalloped shell plate at TJ Maxx. It did come in a set of 4...each in different shimmering pastel colors. Here is the white one.

And here is the blue one. (There is also a pink and a green plate)

  A beautiful red rose, given to me by my hubby, "pops" in the sea of blues, tans, and browns.

...as well as this gorgeous pink orchid.

Some of my favorite seashells, I've collected over the years, fills my centerpiece blue bowl, as well as being scattered over this swirling tablecloth I made out of fabric, purchased at WalMart's sewing center. The lighthouse teapot was an item I purchased at a local antique store a few years back.

Even though we don't live at a "beach", per say, living on a lake makes me feel pretty close to it, especially when I sit at my "beachy blue" table.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer, as I have been!

Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” Spanish 

Linking up at these parties:

11 comments:

  1. Happy Summer, Ann! Your beach themed tea table is wonderful! I love the unique tea wares you are using like the cute lighthouse teapot. Your sea inspired teacup is sweet and I love the shell plate! I am heading to the beach in less than an hour. That is where we spend most of our days here this time of year. Love our beaches! Thanks for joining me for tea and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm SO jealous, Sandie! Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach. My hubby and I actually are planning a vacation up your way in September...well, we will get at least as far as Maine and hope to stop at some of their beaches.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Those iridescent shell plates are really cool, and that teacup and saucer was a great find! Love your beachy table :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! I feel fortunate to have found them, as well! Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Super fabulous, 'close to the sea' tablescape for tea. I love the teapots and all your other elements here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fabby! Decorating a tablescape with this theme has been lots of fun! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I love,love,love that starfish teacup and saucer!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beach themed table setting! Hopefully you'll be able to find some partners to that cute cup and saucer. Maybe there will be some on Amazon...

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This table so pretty with very unique pieces and lovely for those who live near the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely setting! It looks just like the beach with your lake view outside the window. Love the star teacup and saucer and the lighthouse teapot!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tablescape! LOVE the pattern of the dishes and the serene colors! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)