Friday, September 20, 2013

50 Random Facts About Me- Part 2


This is Part 2 in a series of posts. You can read Part 1( Facts 1-10), HERE. Hope you enjoy getting to know me a little more.

     11. My step-daughter made me a grandmother when I was only 35. (17 years ago.) O.k., don't lie. I know you're doing the math. Let me spare you the brain overload - I'm 52. And I now have 3 grand-kids!
My oldest grandbaby, born on June 17, 1996. Next to me is my son(T), - who became an uncle at age 4
   12.  My favorite Christian musician (other than my son) is Chris Tomlin. I have been to 3 of his concerts and will be going to a 4th on October 18th of this year! Can't get enough of his worship music!
  13My step-son was tragically killed in a car accident his senior year of high school on December 26, 1996.
  14My favorite books, movies, etc. are historical fiction or biographical - most notably, from the late 19th-early 20th century time period. 
 15My least favorite are scary, murder, or super-natural stories...ghosts, demons, zombies, etc.
 16. When I was 5 years old, I had half of a kidney removed - a birth defect caused it to function improperly. I have not had any problems with it since then. 
 17My two favorite foods are mac & cheese and peanut butter. I could eat them every day and never get tired of them! 
 18. In the U.S. I've traveled as far west as Colorado, south as Florida, east as North/South Carolina, and north to the U.P. in Michigan. 
Me (holding my son, T) and my stepson(J) at the top of Pikes Peak in Colorado - summer, 1994.
 19.  The only time I've been out of the U.S. was to visit relatives in Montreal, Canada several years ago.
 20.  My favorite movie of all time is "Under the Tuscan Sun" with Diane Lane (my favorite actress, of course). Of any country, I would LOVE to go to Tuscany, Italy. Maybe one day!!
 File:Under the tuscan sun poster.jpg

Well, that's 10 more facts about me, people!! You know, it's not as easy at it would seem, for me to think of 50 things. Gladly, I have a little time between these posts to think of some more things. Stay tuned for future posts about more random facts about me.

Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” Spanish Proverb

Linking up at these blog hops:


5 comments:

  1. I am absolutely loving getting to know you better! Guess what? We are just about the same age! I'm 52 in a little over a month...and I have two grandchildren!! (So you beat me there! lol) I love this kind of post as I think it helps readers to connect with the author - so thank you for opening yourself up to us! Can't wait to hear more!!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. I'm really enjoying doing this blog series! It would be a great way for other bloggers to get more followers. I find reading them enjoyable, as well! I can't believe how many similarities we have in our lives! It is amazing how we find bloggers who have similar interests and lives through the internet!

      Delete
  2. That's cool ... it helps to know one another, doesn't it? Visiting from Debbie Dabble. Have a great weekend. Linda Following on bloglovin.

    come and share if you can...
    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/09/what-to-do-weekends-38.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment and your blog site info. Heading over there right now to check it out.

      Delete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)