Friday, August 23, 2013

What's In My Closet: Late Summer Style

The weather in Indiana is still quite warm. Actually, August is usually the warmest month of the year. This year has been a little out of the ordinary, though. It started off with some cooler weather, and now we are back up into the 80's. By the weekend it could get as high as 86 degrees. Knowing what to wear can be a challenge. One day I'm in long/cropped pants, and the next I'm in shorts. Varity is key. 
So, I thought I'd share a few new outfits that I picked up. . .one was to wear to a wedding I attended. The other was picked up at a summer sale rack. (I love these kind of sales, since the weather is still good to wear what I buy there!)
  But first, I am sharing a favorite outfit I already had in my closet from last year.
 This white lace tunic has an attached camisole, which under-lays the lace. My tangerine cropped jeans are one of my favorites...very comfortable and stylish! To coordinate, top to bottom, I wore my hair in a side braid with a white band/flower combo. On my feet were orange sandals puchased last year on sale at Urban Outfitters.
 The multi-colored belt is a newer piece that I decided to buy, to add some color to the white tunic. A couple bracelets (made of rope and shells) accessorize the outfit.
 My jeweled necklace continues to add color, as well.

 Outfit number 2 was attire I purchased to wear to my nephew's wedding. The green cap-sleeved top matches the small stripes in the navy maxi-skirt.
 A silver chained belt wraps around my waist to add dimension.
 A navy jeweled silver plated neclace ties in the blue and green combination throughout.
 My light green sandals also go well with this semi-casual outfit.
 Here is a picture of me, prior to the wedding. I love how comfortable I felt the whole day in this skirt and top!

My last outfit was an "end of summer" purchase from the 50% off rack at Meijer. The knee-length jean shorts are perfect for hanging out on my sunporch. I just love looking at all the different shells I've collected over the years! My white canvas deck shoes(that I've had forever, it seems) keep my feet covered, just in case I decide to go out on the pier, or better yet for a boat ride.

 

 My outfit already had a bit of a nautical look to it, so I decided to make a braided rope belt to continue the theme(just for fun).
 Three studded stars adds a touch of style to this striped navy top. My necklace is one I've had many years. It is also silver, with a tint of light blue color in the small balled pieces in throughout.
I think I hear the ocean calling (or maybe just the lake, today). Guess I'll catch you later!

Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” Spanish Proverb

7 comments:

  1. Your outfits are very nice. Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angel. So glad you stopped by! Have an awesome weekend!

      Delete
    2. I have that same silver belt! How fun. My fave is the wedding outfit. Love it. Do you live near a coast? It seems you really love it.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I WISH, Sandra!! We just live on a lake in northern Indiana. But I have visited the ocean many times!! Maybe someday!! :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Well aren't you snazzy!?

    I think your clothes, nail polish, accessories and shoes are neat!

    Thanks so much for popping in for your visit, and now I found you back.

    I LOVE that natural wood waiscoting you have in that first pic - awesome.

    Hope you have a fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so nice, love your outfits. Especially the stripped skirt and all your jewelry. Very nice! Such a fun thing to do What I Wore and see all the pretty things!!! Blessings to you.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)