Saturday, May 11, 2013

Antique Shopping and "Pink Hope" Memories

(I'm linking this post a little late in some of the linky parties, as it has been another very busy week. So, to all you moms I may have missed, Happy Belated Mothers Day!)
Hello again! Hard to believe the weekend is here already! I've had such a busy week, too!

The fish on our lake have started biting, so my hubby and I have spent a few evenings throwing a line off of our pier and hauling in fish. We also purchased a new pontoon boat. We had been on the search for one for several weeks, now, and are excited to try it out at the end of next week.

Between all the fishing and boat shopping, I did get a chance to stop at my favorite local antique mall!  (Check out their Facebook Page HERE!) I found several pieces, including a teapot and set of 2 teacups with matching plates and saucers.  Not sure who the manufacturer is, since there is nothing on the bottom of any of the pieces. Does anyone have an idea of who made these?


 
When I purchased these sets at the antique mall, they were wrapped adorably in a pink ribbon. I kept this one tied up for a picture. . . just thought it was so pretty.

I also found a teacup that I couldn't resist....it is a design I remember very well, as my mother owned the full china set and would only use them when special guests came for a meal. I discovered it was a Wedgewood (England), "Pink Hope" design.
 Do you remember what your mother's china looked like? (Maybe you were lucky enough to have it as a handed down family heirloom.)

This rose design silverware was a wedding gift from my grandparents 26 years ago.
 I also displayed some Mother's Day gifts from the past.
This rose candle and angel watching over a praying child were from my hubby.
 This angel with flowers was from a friend.
This Dreamcycles angel was a gift from my son.
Just love this simple rose-themed teatime tablescape!
This crocheted table runner was an item I purchased several years ago on a shopping trip to the antiuque mall.
 My two rose trees have several buds and this was one of just a few of the first blooms of the season.
Wishing all you moms out there
(And if possible, remember to tell your mother)
Happy Mothers Day

Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” Spanish Proverb

Linking up at these blog hops:

15 comments:

  1. Those are lovely tea time photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann...love your purchases! I also like things like that and have a small collection. Happy antiquing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to get something pretty and yet old. There's just something nostalgic about it. Thanks for dropping in.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tea cups, I wanted to thank you for stopping by Oh My Heartsie Weekend Collective Linky this week. I am following now on Pinterest, FB, Bloglovin and Twitter Hope you have enjoyed your day! Karren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what pretty teacups, such a lovely pattern. Love your setting, it is so beautiful. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marty! I appreciate you coming over and for hosting your link-up party on your blog!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh Ann, you have to check out my recent post. http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2013/05/my-heart-bleeds-for-you-outdoor-tea.html
    I just found that exact teapot at a thrift store. Lucky you to have found so many lovely things that matched. Such a beautiful table! I would love if you shared this with my party, "Share Your Cup Thursday". It's all about sharing what makes you happy. Now following.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is crazy, Jann! They are EXACTLY the same, except I paid a little more than $5 for mine! I am posting on your link-up! Thanks for following me...I am also following you on Bloglovin'.

      Delete
  6. Hello ann,
    the teacups are so pretty......love roses.
    like your blog!
    Wish you a great weekend,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Beautiful captures. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ann,
    Your new dishes are so pretty. I can't resist china tied up with pink ribbon! Your crocheted runer is lovely too; love it! Wonderful finds, and thank you for sharing them at my HOME.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann, sorry that I am slow getting back to you. My teapot says nothing on the bottom either. Wishing I knew a little bit about it. Your entire set is Fabulous!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)