Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Tea Table

Happy Easter Everyone!!
It’s hard to believe that the Easter season is upon us!! But, I am definitely ready…especially for Spring to arrive!! We’ve had a pretty cold and dreary winter. I had been planning on sharing my Easter tea table setting for a while, but once again, have just not found the time. So, today(the day before Easter Sunday), I decided to have a little tea and some desserts that I purchased at a local bakery
Because (to me) Easter is, first and foremost, about Christ's death on the cross and His ressurection from the grave, I wanted to emphasize this in my theme.

With a little moss covered styrofoam, some rocks and sticks, I made this simple centerpiece. (I first got the idea off of Pinterest, but made some changes to make it quick and simple to put together-about an hour to complete)
 Here is my pastel tablesetting.
Each place setting has a different teacup and matching plates.







 Of course, I always have to share the lake view through my dining room window.

 Today, I am serving three different desserts with my tea. In front- lemon tea cakes; to the left-mini cranberry scones; to the right-peanut butter no-bake cookies.
Tea is being served in a new white "Tl Mulino" teapot, I purchased a T.J. Maxx. I love that it is a large capacity (8 cups) teapot.
 I also have my ceramic Easter bunnies and bird (not shown) back, as well as my egg cups. This year, instead of Easter eggs, I added some small flowers in the egg cups.



May you have a joyous Easter
and a happy Spring!!!


Blessings, Ann
“Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace” 
Spanish Proverb
Linking over to these blog parties:

14 comments:

  1. I love that moss arrangement with the crosses. I was thinking what a great project that would be even for children. You sure have terrific window views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bernideen. It would be a great children's craft project...very simple.The original ideas suggested growing grass seed, but that would require some time for it to grow. I didn't have time, as i made it right before Easter. Our view is our favorite thing about our home!! Thanks for stopping by and for hosting the "Friends Sharing Tea" link-up.

      Delete
  2. Love this!!!! Pinned for next year! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! I love your Easter place settings -- so cute! Blessings! Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, my friend! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Your table setting is lovely, Ann, and I especially love the centerpiece! That really is a wonderful way to get the message across and I immediately thought that it would be a super project for little ones to do with you. So glad you shared with us and joined me for tea. Have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! I thought it was a wonderful display of the meaning of Easter. I have actually left as the centerpiece, as I love how it looks, even if Easter is officially over. :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful idea using the crosses in the moss. And I also like the idea of using egg cups as vases. Not everything always needs to be used for original purpose. I can be fun to change it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Beth. I actually got that idea off of Pinterest, as well. What did we do before Pinterest? LOL!

      Delete
  6. I love your Easter centerpiece. It touches my heart! Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha. Thanks for hosting your link-up party, as well. You have a blessed week, too!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely Easter table setting and the lakefront view is fantastic! I also love your white 8-cup teapot which is perfect for tea parties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann! Great Easter table. Your handmade centerpiece is wonderful, especially with the gorgeous view of the lake in the window. I really liked seeing your different patterns too--the paisley one is really different and pretty! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!! (Except for anonymous users and spammers!)